This scientific meeting, which will be held on the 22 and 23 of September, 2016, at the Institute of Medieval Studies of the Faculty of Social and Human Sciences of the NOVA University of Lisbon, aims mainly at promoting interdisciplinary diffusion, research and reflection upon the medieval cultural legacy of Berbers in the Iberian Peninsula. As in other meetings organized by both institutions, the event aims to deal with the issue in an interdisciplinary way, using different methodologies of study and analysis.
- Call for papers for the International Symposium "Amazigh Heritage in the Iberian Peninsula"
The main areas that will be tackled during the Symposium include: history, archeology, literature, history of art, architecture, geography and Arabic philology.
In this first edition, the main themes chosen to be tackled include the following:
1. History of al-Andalus and the Mediterranean zone from the Amazigh point of view
2. The Amazigh (Berber) medieval artistic heritage in the Iberian Peninsula
3. Amazigh literature and genealogy in al-Andalus
4. Amazigh cultural legacy in al-Garb (West) of al-Andalus
Proposals should be accompanied by an abstract (500 words), as well as a brief CV of the speaker in which he/she specifies his/her education, eventual institutional affiliation and most important scientific production.
All proposals should be sent on the following email: laherenciaamazighgmail.com until May, 10, 2016. Acceptance of the papers will be subject to evaluation of the Scientific Commission of the Symposium. Moreover, later publication of the presented papers will also be subject to evaluation by a reading committee of renowned Portuguese and foreign researchers.
- Languages of the Symposium are: French and Portuguese, although papers in Spanish and English could be accepted for their presentation.
Registration fees for the Symposium are 20€ for speakers and audience in general and 10€ for students.
- Dr. Leila Mezian (Leila Mezian Foundation, Casablanca)
- Dr. Inmaculada Marrero Rocha (University of Granada - Euro-Arab Foundation for Higher Studies)
- Dr. Amelia Aguiar Andrade (IEM-FCSH/UNL)
- Dr. Jean Passini (EHESS-CNRS)
- Dr. Rafael Lopez Guzman (University of Granada)
- Dr. Pierre Guichard (University of Lyon)
- Deadline for submitting proposals: 10 May, 2016
- Notification of accepted proposals: 31 May, 2016
- Deadline for submitting papers for their publication: 30 October, 2016