XXVIII Conference of the Spanish Association of Professors of International Law and International Relations
In Granada, Spain, from 18 to 20 September 2019
On 25 November 2018, the European Council ratified the Agreement on the Exit of the United Kingdom from the European Union. However, in January 2019, the British Parliament rejected the ratification of this agreement by a resounding majority. Will the UK leave the EU unilaterally, will it do so with agreement, will it reverse its decision to withdraw? Regardless of this uncertain scenario, the issue of Brexit and the withdrawal agreement affect the major challenges facing the European Union.
These questions and approaches will be addressed from 18 to 20 September at the XVIII Conference of the Spanish Association of Professors of International Law and International Relations (AEPDIRI), which will be held in the city of Granada under the title "New world, new Europe. The redefinition of the European Union in the Brexit era".
This conference, co-organised by AEPDIRI and the University of Granada, will be the occasion for the Euro-Arab Foundation to present the different European projects in which it is actively working. Detailed information on these projects can be found here.
In addition, the Euro-Arab Foundation will host in its headquarters the workshop "Young Internationalist Researchers", on 18 September from 16h to 20h15.
Check the rest of the programmed activities by clicking here
The conference will also address the following topics:
- The distinction between the public and private spheres in international and European society
- The judicialisation of values in international and European society
- The EU and the crisis of multilateralism
- The redefinition of the judicial space and internal security in the Brexit era
- Internal Market and Economic Union in the Brexit era
- The institutional impact of Brexit and the methodological redefinition of the European Union study
- The redefinition of citizenship and its rights in the Brexit era
- The evolution of the international system in the Brexit era
You can register until September 10 at this link
Sponsors of this event are: the Euro-Arab Foundation, the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union, the Faculty of Law and the Higher Technical School of Architecture of the University of Granada, the UNESCO Centre of Andalusia and the Jean Monnet EUGLOBAL Project.