The "100 YEARS OF PHOTOGRAPHY" Days take place between February and June and go in line with the centenary celebration of the School of Art of Granada coinciding this year, 2016.
On the occasion of the anniversary, the School of Art of Granada has programmed these Photography Days which propose a reflection on the photographic gaze from a modern multidisciplinary approach. It addresses, as well, the current situation of this artistic discipline from different fields like, for example, photojournalism, advertising and fashion, cinema or architecture, highlighting the role of Photography as a vector of social, cultural and artistic discourse.
The first activity during these days is the lecture of the photojournalist, Gervasio Sánchez, and takes place on Wednesday, 17 February at 18h00 in the Aula Magna of the Faculty of Philosophy and Arts.
Prestigious Photography professionals will participate in these Days during which will impart Master Classes together with public lectures with the main objective of sharing their experiences and privileged view regarding Photography with the students of the School of Art and the University of Granada. Moreover, several photographic exhibitions of the invited speakers are programmed.
Program of "100 YEARS OF PHOTOGRAPHY" Days:
- GERVASIO SÁNCHEZ. Lecture "War is not an entertaining show"
- Wednesday, 17 February at 18h00, in the Aula Magna of the Faculty of Philosophy and Arts, UGR. Presented by the Dean, José Antonio Pérez Tapias.
Gervasio Sánchez is a photojournalist. He was granted the National Photography Award among several other prizes during his professional career.
JAVIER SALMONES. Lecture "Landscapes of Light"
- Thursday, 3 March at 18h00, at the Faculty of Fine Arts of Granada. Presented by the Faculty Dean, Francisco José Sánchez Montalbán.
- 3-4 March: Master Class at the Caja Granada Foundation.
Javier Salmones is a cinematographer. He was nominated for the Goya Prize for his photography work of Roma Santa.
EVA DÍAZ IGLESIAS. Lecture "Camera, feminine singular"
- Thursday, 21 April at 18h00, at the Faculty of Fine Arts of Granada.
- 21-22 April: Master Class in Direction of Cinematic Photography at the Caja Granada Foundation.
Eva Díaz Iglesias is a cinematographer, documentarian and producer specialized in the subject of gender.
MAYSUN. Lecture "Female View among Photojournalism on War"
- Thursday, 12 May at 18h00, at the Euro-Arab Foundation. Presented by Cándida Martínez, Professor at the University of Granada and a Researcher at the University Institute of Research of Women's Studies.
- 11-12 May: Master Class at the University Institute of Research of Women's studies, Faculty of Political Sciences.
Maysun is an award-winning photojournalist and currently she is the only Spanish woman doing photojournalism on war.
GUSTAVO LÓPEZ MAÑAS. Lecture "Fashion and Advertising"
- Monday, 6 June at 18h00, at the Faculty of Fine Arts of Granada.
- 6-7 of June: Master Class in Fashion Photography and Advertising at the Caja Granada Foundation.
Gustavo López Mañas was granted the National Award for Professional Photography in 2005, 2007 and 2008.