The International Seminar "Radicalisation and Violent Extremism: Maps, Contexts and Responses" will be held on 9 and 10 April at the Euro-Arab Foundation for Higher Studies. It is aimed at professionals and members of the university community who seek to deepen their knowledge of the aspects related to the challenges posed by radicalisation and violent extremism in Europe and other geographical areas.
Register on this form (Spanish), by April 4.
The Seminario, organised by the Euro-Arab Foundation together with the Departments of Political Science and Sociology and of Methodology of Behavioural Science of University of Granada, is part of the European research projects TAKEDOWN, TRAINING AID and COMBERAD, on which the Euro-Arab Foundation is involved.
- Limited number of places: 50
- Venue: Euro-Arab Foundation for Higher Studies (c/. San Jerónimo, 27. Granada)
- Timetable: April 9th, from 9 am to 6 pm. and 10th, from 9 am to 1:30 pm
- Cost: free of charge
- Requested recognition of 1 ECTS credit to different schools and faculties
- Participation certificates will be issued
- Compulsory Attendance. The students will have to do a work on the contents of the course
- Registration: until 4 April 2019
The course will include simultaneous translation English-Spanish.
Please, find the program and contents of the seminar by downloading the files on the right side of this page (only available in Spanish)
For more information, please write to: euromedfundea.org
- Deepen the main concepts related to radicalization, especially in the Balkans, the Middle East and North Africa.
- Understand the psychosocial factors involved in the processes of radicalization and recruitment by terrorist groups of Jihadist ideology.
- Know the legal, judicial, police and political responses adopted by the EU and the Member States to radicalisation and violent extremism, as well as to recruitment in prisons.