From January to June, 2016, the Euro-Arab Foundation offers the first seminar series within the framework of the "Chair of Studies in Islamic Civilization and Renewal of Religious Thought", which takes place under the auspices of the Mominoun Without Borders Foundation.
The series comprise five seminars which will take place in Granada, in the headquarters of the Euro-Arab Foundation, in the form of lectures and debates.
The seminars, which count with the collaboration of the Institute of Granada for Higher Education and Research, aim at analysing and debating some modern as well as current issues related to Islam, the Arab-Islamic World and Europe, issues that are dealt with in academic studies and are subject of international debates.
Seminars will provide attendants with analysis instruments in subjects like modern Islamic discourses; Islamic feminism; Islam in Europe, modern Arabic and Islamic thought and Political Islam in Arab-Islamic and Occidental societies. Hence, the Chair includes a broad range of renowned specialists, both researchers and teaching staff, from European and Arab universities.
Registration period opened till January, 16, 2016.
- Work hours: 20 hours each seminar (100 hours the whole 5 seminars)
- Duration: From January to June, 2016
- Schedule: 17h00 to 21h00 from Mondays to Thursdays; Fridays from 10h00 to 14h00
- Registration fees: 35€ the whole series (5 seminars), 10€ each seminar
- Number of places offered: 30 places
- Registration: Obligatory for the whole Seminar Series till January, 16 (registration form is available on this page in Download). Those who are interested in a particular seminar can register in it up till two days before its starting date. In order to finalize the registration process, you should print, sign and send the payment receipt to the following email address: cursosfundea.org (link sends e-mail)
- Acreditation: The Euro-Arab Foundation for Higher Studies will give a Certificate of Achievement to students who attend minimum 80% of the sessions.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: